Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Fine Print

There is a sign at the top of this hill and I stand and read. Under the main script, there is additional print so small that even in all their abundance they merely appear to be a smudge. They are written in blood and are the deeds of men, past and present.

In what was more than a cursory glance, my eyes focus on what appears under my own name and the deeds listed there-on. In shame I read those words of my failings. Recalling each account and finding no excuse for a single one.

At the top of the sign, I focus upon the larger script. It is in all languages, and tongues and cries out “Behold the Lamb of God, This is Jesus The King of the Jews!” and with it, my deeds were nailed to the Cross. Colossians 2:13-15

I am thankful today for a lot of things. But this Love I have found in Jesus is beyond all measure.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: