Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 3 – Psalm 119:2, 19, 105, 165

Love, they say, should be reciprocal and for the most part I would agree. I take issue however with some of the teachings that I have seen/heard lately. To keep things simple, let this be stated:
We love Him, because he first loved us. We have a Blessed Hope because He gave us Jesus, what more could we need? If you’re looking for your best life now, you’re nearsighted. Be careful that you don’t trade your birth right for a bowl of soup.

I am blessed, because I try to keep his testimonies and seek him with my whole heart. I am crushed when I fail Him. “I’d rather have Jesus than anything that this old world affords me”.

I am just a Sojourner in this earth. Although princes and principalities may oppose me, He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

Don’t we get it? Do we not realize that even though Satan and some of the angels fell, that God never sent them a redeemer?

God, who am I that you are mindful of me? Hold me accountable always. Help me to hear the words in my ear when you say “This is the way, walk in it.” Whenever I turn to the right or left, bring me back to the path. Narrow was the Gate, but the path is also. Illuminate this way. Keep my feet secure as the hind feet of the deer. Do not hide your commandments from me. Keep your precepts before me. Get glory from a wretch.

No comments: