Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ok, I am feeling a little old here.

I am always the one cracking jokes with the kids on how old someone is. Want some examples? (If you don't just quit reading) Ok, They have been told that Nanny is so old, that Dirt was clean when she was little. Or Nanny is so old that when God said "Let there be light", she flicked the switch. Either way, I guess I deserved what happened the other night.

So, there we were Sarah (one of the twins) and I, playing the game Connect Four. It was just another Father/Daughter moment that I have come to appreciate more these days. While we were playing, the following conversation came up.

Sarah: Wow dad, your really good at this.

Dad: Well, I have had lots of practice.

Sarah: Really? Did you and mom used to play this?

Dad: No, I used to play this all the time when I was little. As a matter of fact, I was probably your age.

Sarah: Really? They had this game when you were little?

Dad: Yep

Sarah: I guess they were made out of wood though?

Dad: No, it was plastic just like this one.

Sarah: But, you could buy one made out of wood?

Dad: I don't think so.....

The conversation was completely innocent on her part. It really makes you wonder how your kids see you, and what they think about you. Everything that our kids are exposed to, creates who they are and who they will become. Take advantage of it.

Psalm 78

No comments: