Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 23 – Psalm 103

I sat for a while this morning reading this passage several times. How rich were the words that David wrote. The heights that he climbed in his writing, amazes me.

This chapter sets my mind in motion and reminds me to thank God for all that he has given to me. I thought that I might attempt to write down all of the material things but it would be boisterous and futile since it all belongs to him.

In a fleeting thought I decided that I might possibly list some of the things that He has not given me which could be both a blessing and blasphemy depending on what was written.

I then debated on writing down the non material things that He has given to me but I realized there isn’t near the time in my life to do so.

I have decided instead to list my top item from each of these lists. In these three items I hope you see the reason I can serve him with such gratitude.

1. God gave me a Savior. His name is Jesus and he died for my Sins.
2. He did not give me Hell, which I deserve.
3. He gave me forgiveness and salvation that I might dwell with him eternally.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. Thank you God! Blessed be Your name.

No comments: