Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 24 – Jonah 4

Lord,

There are days when I get so wrapped up in myself and my own desires that I forget what my purpose is here on this earth. I forget that your ways are not my ways. I forget that your plans are not my plans. I can only learn a small part of what has happened before my days, and only see limited amounts of the present. How can I ever question any of your actions?

There is a day coming that you have planned since the beginning when all of your actions will manifest into the return of our Savior. Looking back, we will know that your plan was perfect. Looking around at such a great cloud of witnesses, we will know how perfect your love is.

I fear that I fail constantly in practicing your compassion in the lives around me. I fear that some may needlessly suffer because of my fear and hard heartedness. Father, give me your eyes to see those who struggle so that I may share their burden. Give me your ears to hear the suffering cries so that I may comfort them. Plant in me your truth that I may pass it on. Let them hear you when I speak. Let them see you when my actions come to their attention.

Protect my heart oh God and make it yours.

No comments: